The BMC, Mountaineering Ireland and Mountaineering Scotland and pleased to present the Youth Climbing Series Grand Final 2021. Please note, this is an invitational event only.
Date: 27 & 28 November
Location: Parthian Climbing Centre, Southampton
Categories: Youth A, B, C and D
Entry Fee: £60
Registration is via an email invite and is based on the results of the YCS Regional Rounds.
All competitors will need to provide evidence to email@example.com of a negative lateral flow test 24 hours prior to attending the competition.
For 2021, and based on feedback received after the 2019 final, the Grand Final will follow the regional round formats.
- 8 boulder problems per category
- 2 hour time limit
- 5 attempts per problem
- 4 routes per category
- 6 minute time limit per route
Full results will be published by the Wednesday after the Grand Final.
Grand Final Rules can be found here
To be confirmed by 23 November 2021
How to enter
Late entries are not accepted.
To enter you must complete our online booking form, with successful payment, by the entry deadline. Forms without payment will NOT be counted.
All competitors MUST be a member of the BMC, Mountaineering Ireland or Mountaineering Scotland to enter.
Join the BMC here.
If you haven’t used the online booking system before, then you will need to create an account to log in.
- If you cancel with less than five business days of the competition – you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If you cancel more than five business days before the competition – you will receive a 50% refund of the cancelled round/s.
- If a competition is cancelled due to an unforeseen circumstance – you will be entitled to a full refund.
Parental/Guardian, Spectators & Coaches
All competitors must be accompanied by one parent/guardian only at each round.
An additional parent/guardian, spectator or coach can attend if they are fulfilling a volunteer role only.
See below for further clarity:
- Coaches can attend if acting as the sole responsible person for the child on the day
- Coaches can attend if they are volunteering
- Can coaches attend if a parent/guardian is volunteering and the coach is acting as the sole responsible person. As above.
- We do not allow for any spectators of any kind. We only allow additional persons when fulfilling a volunteer role or are acting as the responsible person for the child on the day.
- If additional persons pay entry to the wall, the centre can turn you away over climbing custom or if they reach their max capacity. Host venues must adhere to fire and safety regulations and to ensure additional persons do not impact on the functionality of the centre.
We rely heavily on volunteers for this competition to run if you are able to volunteer at the Grand Final, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are crucial to the running of the day and will receive refreshments throughout the day and lunch. No other expenses will be able to be claimed.
- For any queries please email@example.com
- Keep up to date by following our YCS Facebook page here
- See here for more competitions for young people
- For an explanation of the difference between leading and top-roping a route, please see A Parents Guide to Climbing