Dates and venues
|Round||1||2||3||4||5 – Grand Final|
|Date||25/01/2020||08/02/2020||07/03/2020||21/3/2020||25 & 26/04/2020|
|Venue||Awesome Walls Cork||The Dublin Climbing Centre||Boulder World Belfast||Awesome Walls Dublin||Sheffield, England – TBC|
|Format||Bouldering||Routes||Bouldering||Routes||Bouldering and Routes|
|Standard entry cut-off||Tuesday
|Late entry cut-off|| Thursday
- Entry is only accepted online.
- The cut off for the Standard entry is the Tuesday before the competition.
- The cut off for the Late entry is the Thursday before the competition.
- No entries are accepted after 8:00 pm on the Thursday before the competition.
- No entries are accepted on the day of the competition.
- To enter any of the rounds please click on any of the links below:
Round 2 – Click here to enter Round 2
Round 3 – Click here to enter Round 3
Round 4 – Click here to enter Round 4
|Ticket type||Rounds 1, 2 & 4||Round 3||Cut off|
|Standard entry||Member of Mountaineering Ireland||€15.00||£13.50||8:00 pm on the Tuesday before the competition|
|Non-member of Mountaineering Ireland||€25.00||£22.50|
|Late entry||€30.00||£27.50||8:00 on the Thursday before the competition|
The Youth Climbing Series is open to climbers in the following categories.
|Competition category||Year of birth|
|Youth A||Born – 2003 / 2004|
|Youth B||Born – 2005 / 2006|
|Youth C||Born – 2007 / 2008|
|Youth D – Top-rope||Born – 2009 / 2010|
|Youth E – Top-rope||Born – 2011 / 2012|
The rules for the Youth Climbing Series are available via the following link: Rules – Youth Climbing Series – 2020
All competitors must have a completed Mountaineering Ireland – Competition Registration Form. The form is available via the following link: Mountaineering Ireland – Competition Registration Form
- Round 1 and Round 3 are bouldering rounds.
- Each competition category will have ten boulder problems to attempt.
- Competitors can make up to five attempts per boulder problem.
- Competitors are scored on the number of Tops and Zones they reach and the number of Attempts taken to do so.
- Each competition group will have two hours to attempt their problems.
- The provisional times for each competition group are as follows:
- Youth E – 11:00 to 13:00
- Youth D – 11:30 to 13:30
- Youth C – 13:00 to 15:00
- Youth B – 14:30 to 16:30
- Youth A – 15:00 to 17:00
- Competitors can attempt boulder problems in any order they choose.
- Round 2 and Round 4 are route climbing rounds.
- Each competition category will have four routes to attempt.
- Competitors can make one attempt per route.
- Competitors are scored on the number of Holds they Control or Use on the route.
- Competitors in Youth E and Youth D will top-rope, competitors in Youth C, Youth B and Youth A will lead climb.
- All competitors can climb from 11:00 to 17:00.
- Competitors can attempt routes in any order they choose.
Qualification for Grand-Final
Competitors’ best three results are counted towards the overall ranking and qualification for the Grand-Final. The top three ranked climbers in each competition category will be invited to compete in the Grand-Final.Read More